Here are some links you may be interested in.
- State Services Authority administers the Public Administration Act 2004 across the Victorian public sector. The independent Public Sector Standards Commissioner issues Directions that set further minimum standards for the Victorian Public Service to support the Principles.
- The Public Administration Act 2004 provides a framework for good governance in the Victorian public sector and in public admnistration generally in Victoria .
- Code of Conduct in the Public Administration Act applies to ensure employees act appropriately in the course of their employment- act impartially, with integrity and accept accountability.
- Fair Work Australia helps deliver an industrial relations system that is fair for all Victorian workers. FWA also promotes cooperative partnership arrangements with unions and progressive industrial relations practices in the State.
- The VPS Workplace Determination 2012 - sets out the core employment conditions of most Victorian Public Service non-executives. Public authorities employ staff under various Awards, workplace agreements or common law contracts. You can clarify what the instruments for employment are with each agency.
- Executives in public sector authorities are bound by executive remuneration policy administered through the State Services Authority. This policy sets out core contract requirements for Chief Executive and senior executive reports.
- Industrial relations policies that apply to the VPS and public sector agencies cover the overall industrial relations framework, agreement making, consultation and employment issues within Government.
- Equal Opportunity Commission works to eliminate unlawful discrimination and to promote equal employment opportunity in the Victorian community.
- Victorian WorkCover Authority manages workplace health and safety, public safety and worker's compensation. It aims to make all workplaces free from injury and disease.
- Victorian Government's website- www.vic.gov.au - contains a wealth of information about Victoria.
- Visit the Victorian Public Health Sector Employment website for employment opportunities in a range of disciplines in State Government funded health services.
- The Australian Government provides employment and workplace relations services for Australians, including job outlook.
- Why you should visit Victoria
- Some facts and figures about Victoria and Australia .
- Find out about careers that go!