Become a Student Support Services Professional

Become a Student Support Services Professional

We are looking for psychologists, social workers and speech pathologists to work as part of integrated health and wellbeing teams supporting schools.

Our Student Support Services make a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable children and young people, helping them improve their life trajectory.


What the Student Support Services workforce do:

SSS Support schools in assisting children and young people facing barriers to learning to achieve their educational and developmental potential.

They works as part of a multidisciplinary area team to support schools in the provision of integrated health and wellbeing, providing group-based and individual support, workforce capacity building and the provision of specialised services.

Here are just some of the things they do:

  • supporting school communities to improve student learning and wellbeing outcomes
  • guiding, advising and supporting schools with wellbeing strategies
  • strengthen the capability of teachers to support vulnerable students
  • balancing the delivery of assessments and interventions and managing complex cases
  • responding to critical incidents involving students, staff and school communities.

Qualifications and experience 

You must have a graduate or post-graduate qualification in psychology, speech pathology or social work. Experience in an educational setting or working with children and young people would be highly regarded.

Social Worker must be eligible for membership with Australian Association of Social Workers.

Speech Pathologists must be eligible for membership with Speech Pathology Australia.

Psychologists must be registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.

Personal qualities

If you are passionate about helping children reach their full potential, and like working in a collaborative multidisciplinary team – then a role in the Student Support Services is the job for you.

How to search and apply for jobs

For more information and to apply, visit the Department of Education and Trainings website.

For more information regarding working in a regional area please visit the regional careers web page.

To apply current vacancies, try this Search.